Phnom Penh, November 13 (RHC)-- In Cambodia, riot police violently cracked down on striking garment workers on Wednesday, killing at least one woman and wounding several others. Reuters reports 37 people were arrested.
Workers at the factory which supplies clothing to H&M and Gap are demanding better pay and working conditions.
In other news, garment workers in Bangladesh walked off the job in protest of low wages. Police fired rubber bullets and water cannons at thousands of garment workers who took to the streets.
The protest in Bangladesh shut down more than 100 factories. Calls for better wages and conditions in the Bangladeshi garment industry have escalated since a building collapse killed more than 1,100 workers in April.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 6523
- online: 215
- total: 8091651