Ramallah, November 13 (RHC)-- Acting Palestinian Authority chief Mahmud Abbas has issued a stern warning over Israel’s plan to build thousands of new illegal settler units on occupied Palestinian lands. Head negotiator Saeb Erakat, quoting Abbas, said: "If Israel does not go back on its latest construction plans for the settlements, that will spell a formal declaration of the end of the peace process."
Erakat added that Abbas has passed on his ultimatum to the Arab League and the Middle East Quartet -- the European Union, Russia, the United Nations and the United States.
Last month, a large number of Palestinians from different political movements took to the streets of the West Bank city of Ramallah to call on the Palestinian Authority to pull out from the talks with Israel. Supporters of all Palestinian factions, including the Islamic resistance movement Hamas and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, gathered in central Arafat square to protest against the talks. The protesters said the talks are useless and Abbas must withdraw from the negotiations.
They also demanded the Palestinian Authority take the regime in Tel Aviv to the International Criminal Court for its crimes against the people of Palestine.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 6419
- online: 217
- total: 8091547