Washington, November 13 (RHC)-- The United States has again called all settlements constructed by Israel on the occupied Palestinian land "illegitimate" and expressed deep concern over a report revealing that the Tel Aviv regime is planning to construct 20,000 more illegal settlement units.
U.S. State Department spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki told reporters in Washington: "We were surprised by this announcement and are currently seeking further explanation from the government of Israel," adding that "we do not accept the legitimacy of continued settlement activity."
Earlier, anti-settlement group Peace Now revealed that Israel’s Housing Ministry has planned to build a "record" 20,000 new settler homes in the occupied West Bank.
In a visit to the Middle East last week, US Secretary of State John Kerry also said that all Israeli settlements on the occupied Palestinian territories are illegal.
Palestinian and Israeli negotiators began a fresh round of talks in July. The last Palestinian-Israeli talks had broken down in September 2010 after Tel Aviv refused to freeze its settlement activities in the occupied West Bank.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 6588
- online: 262
- total: 8091716