Brasilia, May 19 (teleSUR-RHC)-- A 51-year-old Brazilian woman has given birth to her 21st child, making her one of the oldest mother’s in the world. According to local media, the baby was born in the north eastern city of Aracaju, weighing three kilos, equivalent to about 6.6 pounds. The little boy will join the family of 10 brothers and 10 sisters.
“I had my first son when I was 13. I was still a child, I didn’t know much. But after, at an older age, I started to have one after the other,” said Sebastiana Maria da Conceicao.
Doctors warned her of the associated risks of giving birth at that age, but both mother and child are said to be in good health.
The oldest mother to date is thought to be Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara from Spain, who have birth to twins at the age of 66 in 2009.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3093
- online: 124
- total: 4841537