Miami, May 20 (RHC)-- In Florida, Miami Beach police have issued new policies after acknowledging 16 officers sent more than 200 racist, sexist, homophobic and pornographic e-mails, which may have jeopardized dozens of cases.
The e-mails include an image of a gameboard labeled "Black Monopoly," where every square reads "Go to Jail," and a photo of a bruised woman with the caption: "Domestic violence:
Because sometimes, you have to tell her more than once."
Two of those involved were high-ranking officials; one has retired, the second was fired. A new policy requires police to report e-mail misuse by fellow officers.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 3783
- online: 269
- total: 6764853