Miami, May 20 (RHC)-- In Florida, Miami Beach police have issued new policies after acknowledging 16 officers sent more than 200 racist, sexist, homophobic and pornographic e-mails, which may have jeopardized dozens of cases.
The e-mails include an image of a gameboard labeled "Black Monopoly," where every square reads "Go to Jail," and a photo of a bruised woman with the caption: "Domestic violence:
Because sometimes, you have to tell her more than once."
Two of those involved were high-ranking officials; one has retired, the second was fired. A new policy requires police to report e-mail misuse by fellow officers.
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- RHC's national and international news stories August-16
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August 15
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 15
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2836
- today: 2811
- online: 123
- total: 6263941