Washington, May 27 (RHC)-- A U.S. federal appeals court has refused to restore President Barack Obama’s executive actions protecting millions of undocumented immigrants from deportation.
A right-wing judge blocked Obama’s deportation reprieve earlier this year after a motion filed by Texas and 25 other states. The federal government had asked for the injunction to be lifted while the original ruling is appealed, but a divided two-to-one panel of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected that bid.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3670
- today: 2573
- online: 113
- total: 4942149