San Salvador, November 15 (RHC) -– The municipality of Divisadero in El Salvador's northeastern province of Morazán, will be the 18th Central American region to be declared free of illiteracy, The Ministry of Education announced.
The state of Morazán has recently seen a 14% decrease in illiteracy thanks to significant progress in the government's education program targeting youths and adults.
The Salvadoran Literacy Campaign also provides opportunities for the continuation of studies to those who have already completed its initial phase.
The campaign utilizes the Cuban teaching method “Yes I Can,” with adaptations to Salvadoran culture and customs.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 24
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 24
- RHC's national and international news stories August 23
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 23
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 23
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3002
- today: 1479
- online: 131
- total: 6283687