North Augusta, May 28 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of South Carolina, a grand jury has indicted a white police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 68-year-old African-American man in his own driveway.
Former North Augusta police officer Justin Craven was indicted on a lesser felony charge of firing his gun into an occupied vehicle, after a grand jury previously refused to indict him for voluntary manslaughter.
Authorities say Craven chased Ernest Satterwhite to his home, then fired repeatedly through Satterwhite’s car window almost immediately after he stopped in his driveway. Craven claimed Satterwhite reached for his gun and police have refused to release dashboard camera footage of the shooting.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1981
- online: 243
- total: 4097936