Damascus, October 1 (RHC)-- The Syrian army continues to fight foreign-backed mercenaries near a refugee camp outside the capital Damascus and inflicts a number of losses.
According to Press TV, the Syrian soldiers as well as Palestinian volunteer fighters were engaged in heavy battles against the foreign-backed rebels near the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp.
The Syrian forces have been advancing towards a pivotal square at the camp. The report says that the Yarmouk camp is home to the largest Palestinian refugee community in Syria. The camp turned into a flashpoint area in Damascus when unrest broke out in the Arab country in 2011.
Reports indicate that Western powers and their regional allies -- especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey -- are supporting the mercenaries operating inside the country.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 994
- online: 159
- total: 4108722