Damascus, October 1 (RHC)-- The Syrian army continues to fight foreign-backed mercenaries near a refugee camp outside the capital Damascus and inflicts a number of losses.
According to Press TV, the Syrian soldiers as well as Palestinian volunteer fighters were engaged in heavy battles against the foreign-backed rebels near the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp.
The Syrian forces have been advancing towards a pivotal square at the camp. The report says that the Yarmouk camp is home to the largest Palestinian refugee community in Syria. The camp turned into a flashpoint area in Damascus when unrest broke out in the Arab country in 2011.
Reports indicate that Western powers and their regional allies -- especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey -- are supporting the mercenaries operating inside the country.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 2009
- online: 122
- total: 4937915