Damascus, October 1 (RHC)-- The Syrian army continues to fight foreign-backed mercenaries near a refugee camp outside the capital Damascus and inflicts a number of losses.
According to Press TV, the Syrian soldiers as well as Palestinian volunteer fighters were engaged in heavy battles against the foreign-backed rebels near the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp.
The Syrian forces have been advancing towards a pivotal square at the camp. The report says that the Yarmouk camp is home to the largest Palestinian refugee community in Syria. The camp turned into a flashpoint area in Damascus when unrest broke out in the Arab country in 2011.
Reports indicate that Western powers and their regional allies -- especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey -- are supporting the mercenaries operating inside the country.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3366
- online: 134
- total: 4480955