Guatemala City, October 1 (RHC)-- Malnutrition has killed 73 children in Guatemala this year, according to Health and Social Assistance Minister Jorge Villavicencio.
The official told reporters that over 12 thousand 400 children were saved from death after they presented malnutrition effects, thanks to a program implemented by the government since February 2012 to fight hunger.
Although the trend of the death rate was to decrease if compared to last year, the figures could vary, said the minister. In 2012, a total of 146 children died in Guatemala from the effects of Malnutrition, according to official statistics.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3674
- online: 96
- total: 4842118