Buenos Aires, October 1 (RHC)-- Argentina’s President Cristina Fernandez reiterated her call for regional unity as the only way to consolidate peace and progress.
Fernandez made her call upon receiving Uruguayan President Jose Mujica in Buenos Aires during a ceremony to inaugurate a new river transportation means that will connect the two city capitals, which stand on both sides of La Plata River.
President Fernandez called on Latin American leaders to understand that unity is the only way to achieve peace beyond any difference. She said that those who rule Latin American countries must protect the region from events that occur in other regions and that might have an impact on Latin America.
Meanwhile, Mujica backed Fernandez’s statement by saying that Latin Americans must walk shoulder to shoulder disregarding their differences, because “we are all on the same boat, and we should not allow our inevitable contradictions to take our attention out of our crucial issues.”
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 3397
- online: 125
- total: 4485150