Caracas, November 18 (RHC) – Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro celebrated on Sunday the 10th anniversary of the Educational Mission “Ribas”, created by late leader Hugo Chavez to fight low levels of education among adults and create new opportunities for poor communities.
"Mission Ribas, 10 years promoting values and opportunities for our people to achieve happiness under socialism," wrote the President in his Twitter profile @Nicolas Maduro.
As part of this educational program, over 800,000 Venezuelans have graduated from high school in the last decade.
Mission Ribas aims to incorporate into the education system those people who were unable or unwilling to finish high school. This social program also seeks to give future graduates the necessary qualifications for
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 1631
- online: 124
- total: 4843768