Rio de Janeiro, July 7, (RHC), – President Dilma Rousseff presented the Olympic torch for the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro on Friday and the route it will follow around the continent-sized South American country.
The sleek, white torch, which features undulating blue and green lines -- flowing rivers in the colors of the sea, sky and land -- was unveiled in Brasilia at a ceremony attended by Rio 2016 President Carlos Arthur Nuzman and leading sporting figures.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 1626
- online: 187
- total: 6657493