Kabul, July 23 (RHC) -- One of the top commanders of the Taliban in Afghanistan as been killed in the southern province of Helmand, the former stronghold of the rebel group in the Central Asian country.
Mullah Zindani was killed in the attack, confirmed by the Afghan Interior Ministry in a statement, citing intelligence reports.
The Afghan Taliban has not yet commented on the news, which – if true – would be a major setback for the armed insurgent operations in the south, according to official media in Afghanistan.
- Maduro's victory symbolizes his people's determination to not allow a capitalist rebirth in Venezuela
- Cuba congratulates re-elected Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- Maduro reelected, the struggle continues
- Cuba submits human rights report to UPR mechanism in Geneva
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4644
- today: 4318
- online: 107
- total: 4721323