Pando, July 24 (RHC) -- Bolivian President Evo Morales has inaugurated the second phase of the Photovoltaic Solar Plant, considered the largest in South America and located in the town of Cobija, in the northern department of Pando.
The high technology plant will operate with more than 17,300 solar panels that will ensure energy security without blackouts for the entire population. The center began the first stage of operations in September 2014 and has up to now operated with only 2,500 kilowatts.
The solar park will enable the department of Pando to generate clean energy and ensure energy sovereignty, with a reduction of 5,000 tons of greenhouse gases.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 355
- online: 186
- total: 4087555