Havana, August 25 (RHC)-- Cuba's 2015-2016 school year opens next Tuesday, September 1st with a registration of 1 million 792 thousand 600 students who will be guaranteed the necessary resources for their studies.
Education Minister Ena Elsa Velzáquez told reporters in Havana that all conditions created thus far are better than last year, including school items, resources and the number of teachers.
The country allocated 17.5 million dollars this year to purchase resources for the new school year, said the minister as she referred to items necessary in to guarantee teaching activity in different school levels.
As to the number of teachers, Velázquez said that different territories are using alternatives to cushion the lack of teachers, such as hiring fifth and fourth year university students, but the worse situation is that of the capital Havana, where some 3000 teachers will come from other provinces.
The minister insisted in the preparation of all teachers, while history is the prioritized subject. This strategy will be supported with lectures by members of the Cuban Historians Association and seminars to prepare methodologists and other specialists.
On September 1st, the opening of the school year will take place in each school because that is the link with the family.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10109
- today: 7985
- online: 262
- total: 7091078