Tegucigalpa, November 26 (RHC) -- The Supreme Electoral Board of Honduras on Monday issued a final electoral bulletin confirming that results of Sunday's elections, putting the National Party and its candidate Juan Hernandez at the head of the presidential race with 34.08 percent of the votes were irreversible.
The chairman of the electoral board, David Matamoros, said even though a winning candidate is yet to be declared, the results issued so far by the electoral body are final.
He stated that in percentages, this trend has not changed and the final results will not change. "We continue to work, briefing the political parties every step of the way", he said.
On Monday, the Libre and Anti Corruption parties said that they did not recognize the results issued by the electoral board, claiming to have evidence of irregularities during the counting of votes.
With 67.72 percent of the votes processed, the candidate of the Freedom and Refounding Party (Libre), Xiomara Castro, remains in second place with 28.92 percent of votes.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 3259
- online: 126
- total: 4837912