Tegucigalpa, November 26 (RHC) -- The Supreme Electoral Board of Honduras on Monday issued a final electoral bulletin confirming that results of Sunday's elections, putting the National Party and its candidate Juan Hernandez at the head of the presidential race with 34.08 percent of the votes were irreversible.
The chairman of the electoral board, David Matamoros, said even though a winning candidate is yet to be declared, the results issued so far by the electoral body are final.
He stated that in percentages, this trend has not changed and the final results will not change. "We continue to work, briefing the political parties every step of the way", he said.
On Monday, the Libre and Anti Corruption parties said that they did not recognize the results issued by the electoral board, claiming to have evidence of irregularities during the counting of votes.
With 67.72 percent of the votes processed, the candidate of the Freedom and Refounding Party (Libre), Xiomara Castro, remains in second place with 28.92 percent of votes.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3374
- today: 846
- online: 114
- total: 5447150