Dallas, October 2 (RHC)-- Thirty-three people have been detained in Texas after crossing into the United States from Mexico as part of a protest against record deportations.
Thirty undocumented youths who lived in the United States as children, as well as three of their parents, are being held at the Laredo crossing. It is the second time in three months that undocumented immigrants have attempted to re-enter the United States through an official point of entry.
A group called the "Dream 9" was held for three weeks after trying to enter the United States in July. All nine are now seeking asylum.
The 30-plus activists marched across a bridge connecting Mexico to the United States wearing graduation caps and gowns, chanting: "Undocumented and Unafraid."
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2397
- online: 212
- total: 4080878