New Delhi, September 16 (RHC)-- In Kerala, India, thousands of women tea plantation workers have ended an unprecedented nine-day strike after their managers agreed to their demands to increase bonuses.
The women blockaded roads in the hill town of Munnar. The strike was unusual because of the women’s decision to reject the involvement of male-dominated trade unions and almost all politicians.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 1347
- online: 154
- total: 4478936