New Delhi, September 16 (RHC)-- In Kerala, India, thousands of women tea plantation workers have ended an unprecedented nine-day strike after their managers agreed to their demands to increase bonuses.
The women blockaded roads in the hill town of Munnar. The strike was unusual because of the women’s decision to reject the involvement of male-dominated trade unions and almost all politicians.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1164
- online: 205
- total: 3835134