Budapest, September 17 (RHC)-- In news from Europe, the Hungarian military has begun sending Humvees mounted with guns toward its border with Serbia, as the Hungarian police detained dozens of refugees and fired tear gas and water cannons at hundreds more.
Thousands of refugees have changed course and set out across Croatia, where the government has dispatched a team of mine clearers out of concern refugees might be killed or maimed by mines left over from fighting in the mid-1990s.
Meanwhile, Germany’s top migration official has stepped down, following criticism that his office was not processing asylum applications fast enough. Germany expects at least 1 million people to seek asylum there this year.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 3288
- online: 96
- total: 4465774