Budapest, September 17 (RHC)-- In news from Europe, the Hungarian military has begun sending Humvees mounted with guns toward its border with Serbia, as the Hungarian police detained dozens of refugees and fired tear gas and water cannons at hundreds more.
Thousands of refugees have changed course and set out across Croatia, where the government has dispatched a team of mine clearers out of concern refugees might be killed or maimed by mines left over from fighting in the mid-1990s.
Meanwhile, Germany’s top migration official has stepped down, following criticism that his office was not processing asylum applications fast enough. Germany expects at least 1 million people to seek asylum there this year.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 741
- online: 103
- total: 4932514