Washington, September 22 (RHC)-- Volkswagen says 11 million diesel cars worldwide have been equipped with the same software that was used to cheat on emissions tests in the United States.
The news comes as the U.S. Justice Department is reportedly conducting a criminal investigation into reports Volkswagen illegally installed devices in certain diesel cars in a deliberate bid to avoid EPA emissions rules.
The U.S. Congress says it will also conduct hearings into the matter.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 1699
- online: 175
- total: 3850312