Guatemala City, September 22 (RHC)-- In Guatemala, an indigenous leader who had fought against a palm oil factory that has been polluting a river with pesticides has been killed.
Rigoberto Lima Choc, age 28, was fatally shot outside a local courthouse, one day after the court ordered the six-month closure of the factory. The United Nations has described the factory’s pollution as causing an "ecological disaster."
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3536
- today: 1004
- online: 99
- total: 6073004