United Nations, September 25 (RHC)-- World leaders gathered at UN Headquarters in New York, approved Friday the Sustainable Development Goals --17 major objectives which will guide common efforts to fight poverty and inequality over the next 15 years.
The heads of state and government approved the document by acclamation, at the beginning of the three-day UN high-level Summit.
The Sustainable Development Goals include ambitious objectives, aimed at reducing maternal and infant mortality rates, eradicating the AIDS epidemic and facilitating universal access to reproductive and sexual health services.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 2699
- online: 136
- total: 6630091