United Nations, September 25 (RHC)-- World leaders gathered at UN Headquarters in New York, approved Friday the Sustainable Development Goals --17 major objectives which will guide common efforts to fight poverty and inequality over the next 15 years.
The heads of state and government approved the document by acclamation, at the beginning of the three-day UN high-level Summit.
The Sustainable Development Goals include ambitious objectives, aimed at reducing maternal and infant mortality rates, eradicating the AIDS epidemic and facilitating universal access to reproductive and sexual health services.
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 8557
- online: 140
- total: 7101270