Riyadh, September 29 (RHC)-- The Saudi government confirms the death toll in the recent Hajj tragedy has reached 4,173, reports say. Saudi Vice Minister of Health Hamad bin Muhammad Al-Duweila said on Tuesday that he has received a photo showing that 4,173 pilgrims were killed in the tragic incident in Minda, near the holy city of Mecca.
The Saudi Health Ministry asserted that heat exhaustion and suffocation are to blame for the pilgrims’ death. The fatal crush occurred on September 24th after two large crowds of pilgrims merged together, on their way to participate in the symbolic stoning of Satan, a Hajj ritual.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 1603
- online: 121
- total: 5147638