Riyadh, September 29 (RHC)-- The Saudi government confirms the death toll in the recent Hajj tragedy has reached 4,173, reports say. Saudi Vice Minister of Health Hamad bin Muhammad Al-Duweila said on Tuesday that he has received a photo showing that 4,173 pilgrims were killed in the tragic incident in Minda, near the holy city of Mecca.
The Saudi Health Ministry asserted that heat exhaustion and suffocation are to blame for the pilgrims’ death. The fatal crush occurred on September 24th after two large crowds of pilgrims merged together, on their way to participate in the symbolic stoning of Satan, a Hajj ritual.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 2125
- online: 149
- total: 5945891