Oslo, October 9 (RHC)-- This year’s Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to a coalition of civil society organizations known as the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet.
The Norwegian Nobel Committee says the prize seeks to honor the organizations’ contributions to building a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia in the wake of the 2011 Tunisian revolution, which toppled the country’s longtime U.S.-backed dictator.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 1724
- online: 159
- total: 6393025