Guatemala City, October 12 (EFE-RHC)-- Guatemala raised the death toll in the mudslide that earlier in the month devastated El Cambray II village, bordering the capital, to 273 -- while 267 remain missing.
The new figures were released after a meeting between government officials, including the mayor of the affected municipality Santa Catarina Pinula, Victor Albarizaes, secretary of National Coordination for Disaster Reduction, or CONRED, Alejandro Maldonado and Defense Minister Williams Mansilla Fernandez.
- Cuba Ready and Willing to Share Its Experiences in Climate Change Action
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cancer, a Disease that Reflects the World's Inequalities
- Experts Note Inconsistencies in Theory About Alleged Sonic Attacks
- Women in Danger in Mexico
- Cuban Experts Issue Statement Condemning Washington's False 'Sonic Attacks' Claim
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 2474
- online: 159
- total: 3983405