Guatemala City, October 12 (EFE-RHC)-- Guatemala raised the death toll in the mudslide that earlier in the month devastated El Cambray II village, bordering the capital, to 273 -- while 267 remain missing.
The new figures were released after a meeting between government officials, including the mayor of the affected municipality Santa Catarina Pinula, Victor Albarizaes, secretary of National Coordination for Disaster Reduction, or CONRED, Alejandro Maldonado and Defense Minister Williams Mansilla Fernandez.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3579
- today: 2958
- online: 149
- total: 6508478