Guatemala City, October 12 (EFE-RHC)-- Guatemala raised the death toll in the mudslide that earlier in the month devastated El Cambray II village, bordering the capital, to 273 -- while 267 remain missing.
The new figures were released after a meeting between government officials, including the mayor of the affected municipality Santa Catarina Pinula, Victor Albarizaes, secretary of National Coordination for Disaster Reduction, or CONRED, Alejandro Maldonado and Defense Minister Williams Mansilla Fernandez.
- Cuba says lack of political will by industrialized nations hampers eradication of poverty and hunger
- Excerpts of the address by foreign minister Bruno Rodríguez at 26th Ibero-American Summit
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez leads Cuban delegation to Ibero-American Summit in Guatemala
- Fidel's legacy is of paramount importance for Cuba's foreign policy and international relations amongst States
- Statement by the Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3311
- today: 3023
- online: 128
- total: 5343265