Guatemala City, October 12 (EFE-RHC)-- Guatemala raised the death toll in the mudslide that earlier in the month devastated El Cambray II village, bordering the capital, to 273 -- while 267 remain missing.
The new figures were released after a meeting between government officials, including the mayor of the affected municipality Santa Catarina Pinula, Victor Albarizaes, secretary of National Coordination for Disaster Reduction, or CONRED, Alejandro Maldonado and Defense Minister Williams Mansilla Fernandez.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 3059
- online: 118
- total: 5044223