Guatemala City, October 12 (EFE-RHC)-- Guatemala raised the death toll in the mudslide that earlier in the month devastated El Cambray II village, bordering the capital, to 273 -- while 267 remain missing.
The new figures were released after a meeting between government officials, including the mayor of the affected municipality Santa Catarina Pinula, Victor Albarizaes, secretary of National Coordination for Disaster Reduction, or CONRED, Alejandro Maldonado and Defense Minister Williams Mansilla Fernandez.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2471
- today: 935
- online: 109
- total: 5938229