Brasilia, October 14 (RHC)-- Brazil's Supreme Court (STF) annulled a judicial process by opposition groups against President Dilma Rousseff, after a simple majority vote in the country's National Congress.
Supreme Court Judge Teori Zavaski accepted a request by Workers' Party lawmaker Wadih Damous, which required the support of three-fourths of the chamber of deputies to instigate a political trial against the head of state.
The court's ruling temporarily halts the opposition's plan to submit a request to impeach Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 2496
- online: 116
- total: 4945340