Kabul, October 19 (RHC)-- A U.S. F-16 fighter jet has come under Taliban fire in eastern Afghanistan, military officials say. The advanced jet sustained significant damage in the attack which happened in Paktia Province, much of which is under control of the Taliban, officials told AFP.
The multi-million dollar warplane had to jettison its fuel tanks and munitions before returning to base, officials said.
The U.S. military said it had no "operational reporting to support the Taliban claims" that it had shot down the jet.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 4131
- online: 167
- total: 3852744