Kabul, October 19 (RHC)-- A U.S. F-16 fighter jet has come under Taliban fire in eastern Afghanistan, military officials say. The advanced jet sustained significant damage in the attack which happened in Paktia Province, much of which is under control of the Taliban, officials told AFP.
The multi-million dollar warplane had to jettison its fuel tanks and munitions before returning to base, officials said.
The U.S. military said it had no "operational reporting to support the Taliban claims" that it had shot down the jet.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2037
- online: 230
- total: 4080518