Kabul, October 19 (RHC)-- A U.S. F-16 fighter jet has come under Taliban fire in eastern Afghanistan, military officials say. The advanced jet sustained significant damage in the attack which happened in Paktia Province, much of which is under control of the Taliban, officials told AFP.
The multi-million dollar warplane had to jettison its fuel tanks and munitions before returning to base, officials said.
The U.S. military said it had no "operational reporting to support the Taliban claims" that it had shot down the jet.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 1953
- online: 157
- total: 4372278