Kabul, October 19 (RHC)-- A U.S. F-16 fighter jet has come under Taliban fire in eastern Afghanistan, military officials say. The advanced jet sustained significant damage in the attack which happened in Paktia Province, much of which is under control of the Taliban, officials told AFP.
The multi-million dollar warplane had to jettison its fuel tanks and munitions before returning to base, officials said.
The U.S. military said it had no "operational reporting to support the Taliban claims" that it had shot down the jet.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 1639
- online: 113
- total: 4843776