Kabul, December 3 (RHC)-- At least five people have lost their lives in a U.S. assassination drone attack in Afghanistan’s eastern province of Kunar. Witnesses say that the airstrike was carried out during the early hours of Tuesday.
The victims of the latest drone attack are yet to be identified, although local police in Kunar has said the dead were all members of Taliban militants. A Taliban commander is said be to be among the dead.
Several deadly U.S. drone strikes have been carried out in Afghanistan over the past few days. On Sunday, at least two people were killed in an airstrike by U.S.-led forces in the southern province of Zabul. Two more people died in a similar strike in Nuristan Province the previous day.
On November 28th, a two-year-old child was killed and two women wounded when a drone attack targeted a home in Helmand Province. Afghan President Hamid Karzai strongly condemned the Helmand airstrike, saying that the action shows that U.S. forces “have no respect for the life of civilians in Afghanistan.”
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 1213
- online: 112
- total: 6069677