Brussels, December 5 (RHC)-- The European Court of Humans Rights has opened a landmark hearing into Poland's complicity in torture for hosting a secret CIA prison.
The court is examining the cases of two Guantánamo Bay prisoners who say they were subjected to mock executions, waterboarding and other abuses, including claims of harm to their families.
This marks the first time a European country has been taken to court for allowing U.S. torture on its soil.
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 2374
- online: 193
- total: 7322926