Paris, November 30 (RHC)-- The COP 21 Paris climate change talks got underway today in the French capital with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon delivering the inaugural speech.
The UN head said that it was time to "write the script for a new future; a future of hope and promise." Ban Ki-moon noted that more than 150 world leaders have come together for the historic task of ensuring the well-being of humanity.
During his speech at the opening of the Paris summit, Ban Ki-moon said that the world "cannot afford indecision, half measures or merely gradual approaches." And he noted that across the planet, people are demonstrating "in a mass mobilization for change."
The head of the United Nations wrapped up his speech this morning in Paris by saying: "History is calling. I urge you to answer with courage and vision."
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 29, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 28, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6057
- today: 4224
- online: 189
- total: 8252854