Washington, December 8 (RHC)-- U.S. Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump calls for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims" entering the United States, following last week's mass shooting in California.
In a statement released by his campaign team on Monday, the Islamophobic real estate mogul urged a halt on Muslims entrance to the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
Trump is quoted in the statement as saying that a sizable number of Muslims harbor a "hatred toward Americans' and as a result should be kept out of the country, backing it with a poll by the Center for Security Policy.
"Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that "have no sense of reason or respect for human life."
Trump's comments were made in the wake of last Wednesday's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, which left at least 14 people dead and 21 injured.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 588
- online: 175
- total: 6656455