Paris, December 14 (RHC)-- Nearly 200 nations reached an accord in Paris over the weekend to rein in rising greenhouse gas emissions that are warming the planet. The deal includes voluntary commitments by countries to cut carbon emissions as well as billions more dollars to help poor nations implement renewable energy and cope with climate change.
Many scientists and environmental groups say nations need to be far more ambitious to prevent global temperatures from rising. Thousands of people took to the streets of Paris Saturday to demand further action.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 2117
- online: 148
- total: 4483870