Paris, December 14 (RHC)-- Nearly 200 nations reached an accord in Paris over the weekend to rein in rising greenhouse gas emissions that are warming the planet. The deal includes voluntary commitments by countries to cut carbon emissions as well as billions more dollars to help poor nations implement renewable energy and cope with climate change.
Many scientists and environmental groups say nations need to be far more ambitious to prevent global temperatures from rising. Thousands of people took to the streets of Paris Saturday to demand further action.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2214
- online: 212
- total: 3836184