Paris, December 14 (RHC)-- Nearly 200 nations reached an accord in Paris over the weekend to rein in rising greenhouse gas emissions that are warming the planet. The deal includes voluntary commitments by countries to cut carbon emissions as well as billions more dollars to help poor nations implement renewable energy and cope with climate change.
Many scientists and environmental groups say nations need to be far more ambitious to prevent global temperatures from rising. Thousands of people took to the streets of Paris Saturday to demand further action.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 2957
- online: 192
- total: 4107067