Mexico City, January 6 (RHC)-- As a cold wave continues to grip northern Mexico and southern U.S. states, there are reports that an estimated 35,000 dairy cows have been found dead after a rare blizzard hit West Texas and eastern New Mexico late last month.
The storm left snow drifts up to 14 feet high, burying many cows alive, while others froze to death or starved. An estimated 10 percent of the adult dairy herd in West Texas perished.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3834
- online: 171
- total: 4104030