Port-Au-Prince, February 8 (RHC)-- Haitian Prime Minister Evans Pol has called for unity among all political forces to facilitate the transition of power and the formation of a new government, as President Michel Martelly's term concluded on Sunday, February 7th.
In a message to the nation, Pol pointed to dialogue among all political forces as the best and only way to find a definitive solution to the current crisis, and called on political parties and members of parliament to leave aside their differences and work together towards that common goal.
The Haitian National Assembly has set up a bicameral commission to begin reviewing the submission of presidential candidacies.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 1069
- online: 103
- total: 5045407