Guatemala City, February 11 (RHC-Telesur)-- Thousands of campesinos took to the streets in Guatemala on Wednesday and blocked traffic in the capital city to put pressure on President Jimmy Morales to make political and economic reforms to benefit rural workers, local media has reported.
The campesino organizations raised their voices on a list of diverse demands, starting with fundamental respect for constitutional rights of the Guatemalan people and extending to issues of wages, the environment, national sovereignty and an end to harmful agreements with transnational corporations that have committed human rights abuses in Guatemala.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 2968
- online: 185
- total: 4107078