Madrid, February 12 (RHC)-- Spanish police have stormed the houses and offices of a former top official and a corporate executive as part of an investigation into high-level corruption.
The police on Thursday searched the locations associated with Beltran Gutierrez, a former official with acting Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy's center-right Popular Party (PP), and Javier Lopez, a board member of construction company OHL.
The party and the firm have been accused of resorting to bribery and money laundering to secure public works contracts worth a reported EUR 250 million (USD 282 million).
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2559
- online: 114
- total: 4934332