Madrid, February 12 (RHC)-- Spanish police have stormed the houses and offices of a former top official and a corporate executive as part of an investigation into high-level corruption.
The police on Thursday searched the locations associated with Beltran Gutierrez, a former official with acting Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy's center-right Popular Party (PP), and Javier Lopez, a board member of construction company OHL.
The party and the firm have been accused of resorting to bribery and money laundering to secure public works contracts worth a reported EUR 250 million (USD 282 million).
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 1777
- online: 111
- total: 4464263