United Nations, February 12 (RHC)-- A UN human rights expert has slammed Israel for using excessive force against Palestinian protesters amid ongoing tensions between the two sides in the occupied territories.
Makarim Wibisono, UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, warned on Thursday that the upsurge in violence was a "grim reminder" of the unsustainable human rights situation in the Palestinian territories.
The UN official also called on Tel Aviv to charge or release all Palestinian prisoners being held under the so-called administrative detention, which allows the regime to keep them behind bars without charge or trial for months or even years.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3670
- today: 2324
- online: 28
- total: 4941900