United Nations, February 12 (RHC)-- A UN human rights expert has slammed Israel for using excessive force against Palestinian protesters amid ongoing tensions between the two sides in the occupied territories.
Makarim Wibisono, UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, warned on Thursday that the upsurge in violence was a "grim reminder" of the unsustainable human rights situation in the Palestinian territories.
The UN official also called on Tel Aviv to charge or release all Palestinian prisoners being held under the so-called administrative detention, which allows the regime to keep them behind bars without charge or trial for months or even years.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 2491
- online: 207
- total: 4106601