Mexico City, February 16 (RHC-teleSUR) -- Pope Francis has arrived in Morelia, capital of the central state of Michoacan which is considered the birthplace of Mexico's drug war.
On early Tuesday the Pontiff traveled from Mexico City to the colonial city to lead a mass before thousands of people as the end of his Mexican trip approaches.
Pope Francis has dedicated this event in Morelia to young people, whom he is holding up as the hope for a better future in a country beset by drug war violence, impunity, and a floundering economy.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 2514
- online: 88
- total: 4948811