United Nations, February 16 (RHC)-- The United Nations Security Council is holding a closed-door meeting over Turkey’s recurrent artillery bombardment of Kurdish positions on Syrian soil.
The council convened on Tuesday at the request of Russia, which has voiced concerns over Turkey’s shelling of Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria.
Meanwhile, Ankara targeted YPG positions for the third consecutive day in an attempt to stop Kurdish forces from reaching the Syrian border town of A’zaz.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2285
- online: 131
- total: 4840729