United Nations, February 16 (RHC)-- The United Nations Security Council is holding a closed-door meeting over Turkey’s recurrent artillery bombardment of Kurdish positions on Syrian soil.
The council convened on Tuesday at the request of Russia, which has voiced concerns over Turkey’s shelling of Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) in northern Syria.
Meanwhile, Ankara targeted YPG positions for the third consecutive day in an attempt to stop Kurdish forces from reaching the Syrian border town of A’zaz.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 3174
- online: 82
- total: 4381160