Berlin, February 17 (RHC)-- An artist critical of the EU’s response to the ongoing refugee crisis has covered a famous concert house in Berlin with 14,000 lifejackets discarded by seekers on the Greek island of Lesbos.
According to Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei, each jacket wrapped around the columns of the Berlin’s Konzerthaus symbolizes the single life of a refugee who stepped upon the shores of Lesbos with the hopes of a new beginning.
The installation took roughly a month to prepare and was unveiled in coordination with the Cinema for Peace 2016 gala held inside the building.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 817
- online: 112
- total: 5038347