Washington, February 18 (RHC)-- In the United States, more Senate Republicans have backed Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s pledge to block any nominee President Barack Obama chooses to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
Supreme Court Justice Scalia died Saturday at a hunting resort near Marfa, Texas, at the age of 79.
Republicans are threatening to stall his replacement until a new president is in place after November's elections and the inauguration next January -- 11 months from now.
The White House has noted none of the last 12 Supreme Court justices to be confirmed had to wait more than 100 days for a vote.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3634
- online: 177
- total: 4078424