Washington, February 18 (RHC)-- In the United States, more Senate Republicans have backed Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s pledge to block any nominee President Barack Obama chooses to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
Supreme Court Justice Scalia died Saturday at a hunting resort near Marfa, Texas, at the age of 79.
Republicans are threatening to stall his replacement until a new president is in place after November's elections and the inauguration next January -- 11 months from now.
The White House has noted none of the last 12 Supreme Court justices to be confirmed had to wait more than 100 days for a vote.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 1956
- online: 100
- total: 5147991