Washington, February 18 (RHC)-- In the United States, more Senate Republicans have backed Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s pledge to block any nominee President Barack Obama chooses to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
Supreme Court Justice Scalia died Saturday at a hunting resort near Marfa, Texas, at the age of 79.
Republicans are threatening to stall his replacement until a new president is in place after November's elections and the inauguration next January -- 11 months from now.
The White House has noted none of the last 12 Supreme Court justices to be confirmed had to wait more than 100 days for a vote.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 1228
- online: 108
- total: 4831962