Ernesto Samper, general secretary of the Union of South American Nations, Unasur
La Paz, Feb 19 (RHC) Ernesto Samper, general secretary of the Union of South American Nations, Unasur, defined as a “democratic statement” next Sunday's referendum in Bolivia, to decide whether or not to reform the Constitution to allow President Evo Morales and Vice President Álvaro García Linera run for another term in the 2019 elections.
In a television interview from La Paz, where he is on a work visit, Samper said Bolivian democracy is solid, and defined Bolivia as the epicenter of popular participation in South America.
The leader of the UNASUR also urged Bolivians to vote peacefully, massively, with conscience, and highlighted Evo Morales' government's management to reduce poverty, to industrialize the country and achieve national economic growth.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 3174
- online: 130
- total: 6649215