Managua, February 22 (RHC)-- Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega paid homage to National Hero, General Augusto César Sandino, on the 82nd anniversary of his murder.
At the event held at the Sandino's birthplace, Ortega stressed that the national hero died fighting for peace in Nicaragua.
The President talked on the new historic cycle that began on January 10, 2007, with the return of the Sandinistas to power and the process to build unity among Nicaraguans.
The head of state noted the country's advances in fighting poverty, generating employment, attracting investments and covering basic education until college.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 2508
- online: 131
- total: 6070972