Lima, February 25 (RHC)-- In Peru, the state oil company has acknowledged at least 3,000 barrels of crude oil have spilled in the Amazon region, after ruptures in Peru’s main oil pipeline.
The oil spills contaminated two rivers used as a water source by at least eight indigenous Achuar communities. There were reports Petroperú was using children to clean up the oil.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 3282
- online: 104
- total: 4465768