Lima, February 25 (RHC)-- In Peru, the state oil company has acknowledged at least 3,000 barrels of crude oil have spilled in the Amazon region, after ruptures in Peru’s main oil pipeline.
The oil spills contaminated two rivers used as a water source by at least eight indigenous Achuar communities. There were reports Petroperú was using children to clean up the oil.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 578
- online: 177
- total: 4104688