Lima, February 25 (RHC)-- In Peru, the state oil company has acknowledged at least 3,000 barrels of crude oil have spilled in the Amazon region, after ruptures in Peru’s main oil pipeline.
The oil spills contaminated two rivers used as a water source by at least eight indigenous Achuar communities. There were reports Petroperú was using children to clean up the oil.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 1247
- online: 103
- total: 4947544