Lima, February 25 (RHC)-- In Peru, the state oil company has acknowledged at least 3,000 barrels of crude oil have spilled in the Amazon region, after ruptures in Peru’s main oil pipeline.
The oil spills contaminated two rivers used as a water source by at least eight indigenous Achuar communities. There were reports Petroperú was using children to clean up the oil.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 1452
- online: 159
- total: 3850065