United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
United Nations, February 29 (RHC)-- United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has condemned Saudi Arabia for defying calls to halt airstrikes on Yemen, following a recent air attack that killed dozens of civilians in a market.
The UN said in a statement on Monday that Ban "strongly condemns the apparent airstrike" that killed 32 civilians and injured 41 others in Khaleq market in northeastern Sanaa on Sunday.
The latest airstrike damaged a mosque and several houses in the Razih district of Sa'ada province.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 1904
- online: 151
- total: 4372229