Former Brazilian President Lula da Silva
Brasilia, February 29 (RHC)-- Former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said over the weekend that if the Workers Party (PT) deemed it necessary, he would be the party's presidential candidate for the next elections in 2018.
Lula da Silva said that even though he's almost 72, he has the tenacity of a 30-year-old when it comes to the presidency. According to Agencia Brasil, Lula Da Silva made the comments during a special ceremony held in Rio de Janeiro, celebrating the 36th anniversary of the founding of the Workers Party.
He also took the opportunity to reiterate his support for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff who is under numerous attacks in Congress by opposition politicians.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2027
- online: 221
- total: 4080508