Former Brazilian President Lula da Silva
Brasilia, February 29 (RHC)-- Former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said over the weekend that if the Workers Party (PT) deemed it necessary, he would be the party's presidential candidate for the next elections in 2018.
Lula da Silva said that even though he's almost 72, he has the tenacity of a 30-year-old when it comes to the presidency. According to Agencia Brasil, Lula Da Silva made the comments during a special ceremony held in Rio de Janeiro, celebrating the 36th anniversary of the founding of the Workers Party.
He also took the opportunity to reiterate his support for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff who is under numerous attacks in Congress by opposition politicians.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3324
- today: 2457
- online: 85
- total: 4826288