Moscow, February 29 (RHC)-- A Russian ceasefire monitoring center in Syria says it has registered at least nine truce violations in Syria over the weekend.
Lieutenant General Sergei Kuralenko, the head of Russian coordination center in Syria, said the violations included shelling in the northern province of Latakia. However, Kuralenko noted that the cessation of hostilities agreed as part of a U.S.-Russian plan was holding "in general."
Russia recently opened the coordination center at the Hmeymim airbase in Latakia in an attempt to facilitate talks and the implementation of a monitoring ceasefire mechanism between Damascus and different opposing parties.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 389
- online: 203
- total: 3857250