Moscow, February 29 (RHC)-- A Russian ceasefire monitoring center in Syria says it has registered at least nine truce violations in Syria over the weekend.
Lieutenant General Sergei Kuralenko, the head of Russian coordination center in Syria, said the violations included shelling in the northern province of Latakia. However, Kuralenko noted that the cessation of hostilities agreed as part of a U.S.-Russian plan was holding "in general."
Russia recently opened the coordination center at the Hmeymim airbase in Latakia in an attempt to facilitate talks and the implementation of a monitoring ceasefire mechanism between Damascus and different opposing parties.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 4123
- online: 118
- total: 4935896