Moscow, February 29 (RHC)-- A Russian ceasefire monitoring center in Syria says it has registered at least nine truce violations in Syria over the weekend.
Lieutenant General Sergei Kuralenko, the head of Russian coordination center in Syria, said the violations included shelling in the northern province of Latakia. However, Kuralenko noted that the cessation of hostilities agreed as part of a U.S.-Russian plan was holding "in general."
Russia recently opened the coordination center at the Hmeymim airbase in Latakia in an attempt to facilitate talks and the implementation of a monitoring ceasefire mechanism between Damascus and different opposing parties.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 1534
- online: 98
- total: 4464020