San Salvador, Mar 4 (RHC) On Friday, a group of progressive organizations in El Salvador demonstrated against the murder of Honduran Indigenous leader Berta Cáceres.
Organizers of the rally included the National Network of Indigenous Women, the Salvadoran National Indigenous Coordination Council, the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, and the Association of Radio and Participative Programs.
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, also condemned the murder, calling Cáceres an eternal guide in the roads of the peoples.
Berta Cáceres was murdered in La Esperanza, some 300 km West of Tegucigalpa, the Honduran capital, and the official report says the murderers raided the house and fatally shot Berta at gun point.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 2171
- online: 125
- total: 4376293