San Salvador, Mar 4 (RHC) On Friday, a group of progressive organizations in El Salvador demonstrated against the murder of Honduran Indigenous leader Berta Cáceres.
Organizers of the rally included the National Network of Indigenous Women, the Salvadoran National Indigenous Coordination Council, the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, and the Association of Radio and Participative Programs.
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, also condemned the murder, calling Cáceres an eternal guide in the roads of the peoples.
Berta Cáceres was murdered in La Esperanza, some 300 km West of Tegucigalpa, the Honduran capital, and the official report says the murderers raided the house and fatally shot Berta at gun point.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 2064
- online: 131
- total: 5553180