San Salvador, Mar 4 (RHC) On Friday, a group of progressive organizations in El Salvador demonstrated against the murder of Honduran Indigenous leader Berta Cáceres.
Organizers of the rally included the National Network of Indigenous Women, the Salvadoran National Indigenous Coordination Council, the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, and the Association of Radio and Participative Programs.
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, also condemned the murder, calling Cáceres an eternal guide in the roads of the peoples.
Berta Cáceres was murdered in La Esperanza, some 300 km West of Tegucigalpa, the Honduran capital, and the official report says the murderers raided the house and fatally shot Berta at gun point.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 502
- online: 113
- total: 5253052