New York, March 9 (RHC)-- Dozens of women marked International Women’s Day yesterday by rallying outside the Honduran Mission to the United Nations to demand justice for the murder of Honduran environmental activist Berta Cáceres.
Berta was gunned down in her home last week, less than a year after she won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
The activists also demanded the release of Gustavo Castro Soto, another well-known environmental campaigner, who witnessed the shooting and was shot twice. Honduran authorities have barred him from returning to his native Mexico and he says his life may be in danger.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 1206
- online: 149
- total: 5250542