New York, March 9 (RHC)-- Dozens of women marked International Women’s Day yesterday by rallying outside the Honduran Mission to the United Nations to demand justice for the murder of Honduran environmental activist Berta Cáceres.
Berta was gunned down in her home last week, less than a year after she won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
The activists also demanded the release of Gustavo Castro Soto, another well-known environmental campaigner, who witnessed the shooting and was shot twice. Honduran authorities have barred him from returning to his native Mexico and he says his life may be in danger.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 1854
- online: 217
- total: 3858715