New York, March 9 (RHC)-- Dozens of women marked International Women’s Day yesterday by rallying outside the Honduran Mission to the United Nations to demand justice for the murder of Honduran environmental activist Berta Cáceres.
Berta was gunned down in her home last week, less than a year after she won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
The activists also demanded the release of Gustavo Castro Soto, another well-known environmental campaigner, who witnessed the shooting and was shot twice. Honduran authorities have barred him from returning to his native Mexico and he says his life may be in danger.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 2699
- online: 120
- total: 5439421