New York, March 9 (RHC)-- Dozens of women marked International Women’s Day yesterday by rallying outside the Honduran Mission to the United Nations to demand justice for the murder of Honduran environmental activist Berta Cáceres.
Berta was gunned down in her home last week, less than a year after she won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
The activists also demanded the release of Gustavo Castro Soto, another well-known environmental campaigner, who witnessed the shooting and was shot twice. Honduran authorities have barred him from returning to his native Mexico and he says his life may be in danger.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10188
- today: 6748
- online: 164
- total: 7079732